Sunday, July 18, 2010

Change your fan, Change your room


Do you have ugly fans in your house? You know the ones the builder installed 10 or 15 years ago that may have been in style at some point in time? Well it's time to get them out of there! PLEASE! This past weekend my husband and I spent some time with my parents and while there he replaced five ceiling fans. Yes, FIVE! Have you ever stopped to think about how much impact a ceiling fan has? Experiment with me... take a look around your house. Do you have ugly fans? Now is your time... beautify your house - one fan at a time. Did you know that you can find them under $100 and some even have remotes? (my personal favs!) Take a stroll with me as we see the transformation of three of the rooms at my parents house. I am sure some designer out there would cringe that we even have fans...but seriously we are in TEXAS and we NEED fans. It always boggles my mind when watching HGTV that they take a fan down and refuse to replace it... have you ever slept in Texas? People, we get hot.

THE BEFORE

THE AFTER


THE BEFORE

THE AFTER

THE BEFORE

THE AFTER

So what are you waiting for? Run to Lowe's or Home Depot right away and get you some fans! But whatever you do... don't pay their installers $119 per fan. Read the instructions because soon you can be just like my husband who has about 20 fan installs under his belt all within the last 7 years. He's gotten so good he doesn't even use the instructions anymore...and not a single one has fallen down or stopped working. I just love having a handsome helper!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I realize this is a SUPER OLD post but I just found your site. And I love this post. I'm from the Texas Panhandle, so I totally get where you're coming from. I have always been confused by 'those' people who take down the ceiling fans. I'm pretty sure if we took out just one of the ceiling fans in my house we would all die of a heat stroke within 22 minutes (yes, 22). So, your new fans are lovely and I hope they work well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abby Abby, it's great to know someone else out there is a supporter of ceiling fans! :) They are a must here in TX for sure! Glad to have you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails