Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kid's Bathroom Renovation

SEVEN MONTHS... are you kidding me.  We haven't posted in SEVEN months!!  That's ridiculous.  I'd like to say that it's because we were so busy crafting/renovating/designing all that time and we have LOADS of stuff to catch you up on.  But, sadly the real reason is we were flat out LAZY!

We've been busy with our families, part-time jobs, getting ready for a craft show, homeschooling preschoolers...you name it, we've been doing it!

With that said, there have been things happening around here and hopefully we'll start to share with you what we've got going on NOW (and maybe catch up on months past).

Earlier this summer we had a a handyman come and install new crown molding and beadboard in our kids bathroom upstairs.  There were too many cuts and precise measurements that we weren't confident in our skills to tackle it ourselves. 

THIS week we began the process of painting the whole thing: top to bottom. Crown to baseboards. Cabinets and walls. EVERYTHING.  We had a quote for someone to paint it for us because it was apparent we weren't making time to do it (remember I said the process began this summer!).  However, we decided it would be wiser to take care of it ourselves.  Yay for saving money - and getting one more thing checked off our list in this foreclosure purchase!

I'll leave you with some before & during pictures and hopefully by the weekend I'll have some FINISHED pictures to take.




Then I attempted to make it better by removing the wallpaper, changing the lighting and painting the walls.


I VERY quickly realized that the paint color didn't work in that room with the awful cabinet color.  It just made a very ugly room even uglier.

So, I made a plan - put up beadboard (because I love it so much) which evolved into new crown moulding when my husband suggested it & a cabinet/shelf above the toilet.


Apparently I don't have any pre-primed before shots showing the beadboard (probably because I thought the blog was dead so there wasn't any use photographing it! :( ).  So here's how it looks today after we primed everything last night.




So, there you have it! Oh... and in case you're curious what I'm leaning towards color wise - here are some inspiration photos.



All these (and more inspiration) sources can be found HERE.

Hope to hear from some of you!

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I actually just started following you last week, and I hadn't noticed that the post I had read was from so long ago! Can't wait to see how the room turns out!

    Yolanda
    http://yolandaronaldo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda! Let's hope we can keep it up this time!! :)

      Delete
  2. The floors and fixtures look wonderful and the flooring is nice, too. Life sometimes takes over but it is great you are still working on the house and back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fantastic! I like this combination of lighting and designs. Thanks..
    Bathroom renovations Bondi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this wonderful and excellent post same as the post of bathroom renovations Vancouver. Thanks its nice to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its going to come out looking wonderful! I wish you luck on your renovation project, and hope that all goes well!

    -Long Island Shower Doors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bathroom’s progression! Pastel colors will absolutely work as a color scheme for your bathroom. I think they suit all kinds of bathroom designs, be it small or spacious. It will make the room more comfortable and pleasing to the sight. Anyway, how’s the renovation going?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the pastel colors, its cool and makes the room comfortable. Keep up the good work!

    bathroom renovation

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the kid's bathroom, right? You should've played a little more with the color and fixtures. Using pastel colors would be better for this bathroom. Since it's a kid's bathroom, you can mix and match colors, patterns and fixtures all you want - in other words, be a little more playful. Still, it looks awesome and great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful internet site! I am loving it!! Will be back afterwards to read some much more. I am taking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you maintain distributing effectively prepared articles or blog posts just like this then I will often keep returning back again to your weblog. Really excellent content.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes we ignore these issues but kids bathroom renovation is also pretty important. Bathroom from kids should have different designs than general cause otherwise kids can have accidents or could not use their bathroom perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look forward to seeking more of this fantastic post. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are among the top writers of this generation. Great article. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very interesting article and effective dude. Thankyou for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style is so unique. I’ve enjoyed read stuff here. Waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I'm happy to see some great articles on this site. thankyou so much

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy reading this post. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails