Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Fireplace #2

So Tiffany shared her super cute fall fireplace with us on Monday. She inspired me to get mine finished that afternoon and I'm sharing it with you today! While hers was more of a "from scratch" experience, mine was adding to what I already have up there.

I started with this bucket that I made years ago that usually is hung on the wall. I had thought about hanging a wreath over the mirror but didn't have one. When I dug out my fall decor I found this bucket and thought it would fill the space just fine. I got two fall sprays 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and stuck them back behind the bucket to hide the long stems (I could have cut them...but I'm lazy and who knows...maybe next year I'll want to use the long stems somewhere else). I added the Harvest metal sign in front just for added dimension. And it provides material for my loveable husband to kid me about what we are harvesting.... men just don't get it do they. :)

I've had this lantern on the mantel since we moved in over a year ago but it was missing something for 'fall'. So, I shopped the house and borrowed this tassel off our entertainment center knob. It has just the right colors to coordinate with the rest of the foliage.


I also shopped the house for the ceramic urn on the far right to add more weight to that side of the mantel. I never intended it to be part of my fireplace decor but I think I really like it and since it has red as its main color I think I can get away with using it again at Christmas (repeat: I'm lazy like that).

I'm not a huge fan of the all white fireplace, but that's a project for another time!!
I am pretty happy with how it turned out though. Especially for $8.00 (the price of the two HL sprays). So are y'all decorating your mantels yet?!!


Linking Here:

11 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. I love your fall flowers and your accessory pieces that you put on the mantel are perfect. It looks stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like how the sizes and shapes are well-balanced but that everything is different except for the two candle holders anchoring the ends. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! such warm colors. coming over from someday crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle looks great! Super inspired now!

    I'd love for you to come and join my Fall link party next Friday (Sept. 24) and stop by because I'll be posting fall projects all week and featuring others too!

    ~JILL
    http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely mantle! I love the urn. Your blog is great, I enjoyed reading it and I am now a follower! Saw you on My BY Eden. Stop by if you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Karen Karen~ Thanks for being our newest follower! I'm going to go check out your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to dig out my fall decor and spruce up my mantel. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stoppin by from Blue Cricket Designs. I have my mantle all decorated for fall too. http://alattewithotta.blogspot.com/2010/09/throttling-through-holidays.html
    Crazy that we both used Harvest signs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! You have definitely inspired me to get out those mantle decorations! I would love if you would come link this to Crazy Cute Thursdays at Between U & Me! There's a giveaway, too! I am also your newest follower! ;)

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Courtney McAulay Thanks Courtney! I'll head over and check out your blog now and join the party next Thursday! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great mantle, beautiful fall, beautiful blog

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails