Monday, January 21, 2013

Family Year Book

Now that 2013 is in full-swing and things are settling down I can finally start to think about 2012 in review.

One of our favorite ways to remember and reminisce about years past are family photo books.

I first started in 2006 after our daughter, Brooke, was born.  Back then I did the scrapbook thing and after filling up an entire album for the first 6 months of her life I realized that this was going to be time consuming, expensive and space taking.

I also became frustrated that they weren't as "cute" as I wanted them to be - mainly because I really couldn't afford all the cutesy embellishments to make them cute.

So. I. Quit.
Gave up.  Threw in the towel. Finito.

After the birth of our twins in 2008 I had a bit of mommy guilt that nothing was being documented like baby number one.  So, I used an online source to create a digital photo book.  I chose this particular company because you could use digital papers, stickers, embellishments for free and once you downloaded them to your workspace you had them forever and could use them over and over again.  Ah-ha! I could make them as cute as I wanted - FOR FREE!


I was really happy how it turned out and the kids LOVED looking at it (and still do).  After a few years I thought it would be time to make another one.  I went back to that website and started the process all over again when I noticed all my FREE things were much, much more limited and you had to buy credits for any of the cute stuff that was currently offered.  No. Thank. You.

On the hunt for another option that wasn't web-based (after an unfortunate weekend retreat where a group of us girls planned to use the internet to get caught up on our books - only to find out the internet DIDN'T WORK) I came across this.

I downloaded the free software, got to work and furiously finished a book in 2 days so that I could take advantage of the promotion being offered!

And we LOVE how it turned out! It's less "scrapbooky" and more "yearbooky" and I'm so glad I made the switch!

I promise the kids look at this book at least once a week and it's so fun to see them excited about it that it makes me stop and look with them and remember their sweetness in its earliest form.






If you're looking for an easy way to put your family photos together and have a really professional finish for a reasonable price...look no further! Blurb is the way to go! It was SOOO easy... drag and drop into premade templates (and editable!) templates.

Right now they're you can save 15% off on your Blurb Photo Book purchase from 1/8 through 2/14 with code LOVEBOOKS. YAY for discounts.  Seriously, check them out... you'll be glad you did.  I plan to start working on 2012 before too much of 2013 slips by!



24 comments:

  1. I was actually thinking about this earlier today. What size book did you make? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lauren! I just measured it and it's roughly 8"x9.5" It's a great size because it fits well on a bookshelf. The last place I used I made a 8x14 or something like that and it's too long to stand upright so they have to lay flat. I like the "book" look so the smaller worked better! Good luck! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the hint about the 15% off! I actually designed our wedding album on Blurb over the weekend and was just about to order it, but saw your post in time to get the discount! Seeing the pics and your great reviews makes me even more excited to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely someone that has something to say that people should hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just checkin out this blog and I really enjoy the basis of the article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see a site that isnt full of spam, and actually makes some sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your great information, It is too useful for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article is very nice as well as very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such amazing Lay outs. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ideas inspired me Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The article I've been looking for in the meantime is the perfect article.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple but very accurate info? Thank you for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.

    ReplyDelete

  14. This is really helpful post and very informative there is no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great info. Thank you for sharing this fascinating information together. I am so blessed to discover this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style is very unique. Appreciate you for posting

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magnificent post. Thank you for supplying this info.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found so many interesting stuff in this blog. Its great article.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting stuff in this blog. Really its great article. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, happy to see this awesome post. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails