Saturday, January 7, 2012

How I "Envision" Things

We've lived in our current house for about 6 months now. I have a list a mile long of things to get around to doing. For some reason I have had a fear of commitment in hanging anything on the walls and a case of wishy-washyness...yes I'm declaring that a word...on colors, styles, etc.

So, today I decided that I am going to start making decisions. And how do I do that since I have a fear of commitment and wishy-washyness? BLUE tape!

Yep, that's right...that's my markings of where a 5x8 rug would go. I needed to see if it would work, or if I needed to go bigger. {Decision: BIGGER}

I also really want to add some board and batten to this room. The house is too "traditional" for me so I need to add some cottage-y casualness. So I marked a line on the wall 5' up so I could visualize how it may look. {Decision: I LIKE IT}

Then I found some artwork online today that I liked so I wanted to see how it may look up on top of the board and batten. {Decision: UNDECIDED about the art but I think I like the concept, ha!}


My husband comes home tomorrow from a two-week trip to East Asia. I have two questions: How long will it take him to notice? And, How long will it take him to figure out he's got some work to do?! :) Gotta love a good Mr. Handyman!

Am I the only odd ball? Do any of you do stuff like this to help make your decisions and visualize changes?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried tape but I definitely feel you on the wishy-washyness! I have hardly anything hung in our home (and we've lived here for about 6 months as well) because I have such a hard time making a decision. Oh well, it just means when we do find something we'll reallyyyyy like it right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all the time. I am famous for painting poster board and thumbtacking it all over the walls so I can visualize color. I also pin strips of fabric to the wall so I can see if I like it for drapes too. Can't wait to see what you do. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea!! I'm so going to do that to help with my rug size. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should do that more often. I wouldn't have as many nails in the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tape idea never thought about that. I would go with a bigger rug as well because think of when the chairs are pulled out how they will sit on it, just a thought. Can't wait to see your finished project. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lindsey on the rug! A general rule of thumb for a rug under a table is 16-18 inches from the edge of the table. It makes it easier to scoot a chair out when getting up. I do love the board and batten, it's one of my favorite 'looks'! You and Tiffany have some great ideas, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails