Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kids Puzzle Storage Solution

If you have small children, chances are you have a few of these laying around the house.

Well, we had a ton of them and they were starting to outgrow their storage spot. {No before pic...I didn't think this was blog-worthy until after I cut all but two boxes apart!} I decided it was time to fix that and thanks to an idea I saw my sister-in-law using I have condensed their space from one basket to two!

All it takes is a pair of scissors and sandwich bags.

Cut the front of the box off so that the puzzle image is all that's left (it's a good idea to also cut around the number so you'll know how many puzzle pieces you should have for each puzzle). Place that inside a sandwich bag along with all the pieces and Voila!! That's it.




Now all the puzzles are stored nicely in individual bags, with their picture and without the bulky space-consuming boxes.


I went from two of these baskets OVERFLOWING with boxes to one basket with room to spare.


I'm happy to be rid of these things.... and glad to have a free basket to be cluttered up with more of my kiddos things! :)


2 comments:

  1. I do this in my classroom, and it really does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius. I just have to tell myself it's ok to cut the box....

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails