Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kids Puzzle Storage Solution

If you have small children, chances are you have a few of these laying around the house.

Well, we had a ton of them and they were starting to outgrow their storage spot. {No before pic...I didn't think this was blog-worthy until after I cut all but two boxes apart!} I decided it was time to fix that and thanks to an idea I saw my sister-in-law using I have condensed their space from one basket to two!

All it takes is a pair of scissors and sandwich bags.

Cut the front of the box off so that the puzzle image is all that's left (it's a good idea to also cut around the number so you'll know how many puzzle pieces you should have for each puzzle). Place that inside a sandwich bag along with all the pieces and Voila!! That's it.




Now all the puzzles are stored nicely in individual bags, with their picture and without the bulky space-consuming boxes.


I went from two of these baskets OVERFLOWING with boxes to one basket with room to spare.


I'm happy to be rid of these things.... and glad to have a free basket to be cluttered up with more of my kiddos things! :)


3 comments:

  1. I do this in my classroom, and it really does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius. I just have to tell myself it's ok to cut the box....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Blog is really impressive and it's beneficial for me to keep updating the such type of Information. Also, MyFirsToys presents an engaging kids puzzle set, perfect for young minds eager to explore. Crafted with vibrant colors and durable materials, each puzzle piece fits snugly, enhancing cognitive skills and hand-eye coordination. With various themes from animals to vehicles, children embark on a journey of discovery and accomplishment. MyFirsToys' puzzles spark creativity and foster a love for problem-solving in young adventurers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails