Friday, August 5, 2011

Our First Build {Complete!}

WAY back in April I shared with you the beginning stages of my first build of any kind. We finally have it complete! It sat in our garage until we moved in to the new place in mid-June. It has taken me a while to get the room ready for any kind of photo-op. It's still not complete but at least the bed area is in decent enough shape that I can show you how it turned out.




















We painted the bed black and held off on making the side rails...mainly because those have to be built in place. Frankly, we were also WORN out from getting the house ready for move-in and just didn't have the time or energy to get them built and painted. Remember, we built 3 of these. The girls beds will be shown in another post later. I would have preferred to have the rails but these work just fine... and maybe one day we can do that and sell the rails on Craigslist.





I just got a $15 white dust ruffle to cover the metal rails.









Overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's a feeling of accomplishment to have it done. Remember the plans can be found on Ana White's website. They really aren't that hard to build and I think we probably spent between $80-100 for the bed. $45 of that was for the metal rails... so if you have time and plan to build the wood rails (which give the bed a better farmhouse feel) you will save some money. Either way, it's better than spending $500 for a Pottery Barn bed.






Linked here:
The Shabby Nest
Miss Mustard Seed
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Beneath my Heart

2 comments:

  1. fabulous! i am always telling my more than handy boyfriend that we should build a piece of furniture, but we have yet to do it. this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost bought that exact bedding at Ikea this past week for E's room!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails