Monday, August 9, 2010

"Shutterly" Fabulous

**Forgive the crazy layout of this post... Blogger is not cooperating with where I tell the text to go!!**
This past spring Tiffany & I took a trip to an area antique/flea market. I had a list of a few things I was on the lookout for and hadn't really found the right thing for the right price. That was until I spotted these beauties...




Okay so there's only one and it isn't beautiful!! I actually bought a pair of these shutters for $10 cobwebs & dobber nests included.

You see I had this long blank wall in my dining room that desperately needed filling.

I used my handsome helper to help me measure, level and hang them after spraying them with a quick coat of black spray paint.

And we used a very technical method of keeping even spacing.

Complete! Okay so I see the glare on the sides of the shutters where I should touch up the spray paint....but what is it The Nester says? It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful, right?

So I plan to change this up seasonally and it currently looks like this...





So next time you see a pair of rusty, dirty, dusty shutters think about some way you can use them! Remember Tiffany showed us a cute idea to use a pair of shutters here.








Keeping It Simple







Making



Making



6 Inches of Ribbon

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! So stinking cute and looks perfect in that space!
    Great job!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old shutters and windows. I have yet to get my hands on some shutters thought!! Great find=) Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.S...I grabbed your button for you;;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the shutters! I have also used them in my post today to use as card holders. Now there are out in the open and easy to find one when there is a birthday or whatever coming up. Good job, you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lindsay! Just visiting from Met Monday - and I love what you did with those shutters! So creative! Aren't they always such a grand find? I found a soft gray pair at a flea market this summer and just leaned them up against the wall behind my sofa in each side of the window. Love the French feel that they give the room now. :) Great job!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love how big these are...they really make a statement in your dining room. I can imagine how fun it will be to decorate them for different holiday as well! I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love it! I used shutters in my little girls room to create a window behind her crib. So fun! Look forward to seeing more of your creative designs!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always loved shutters. I really like what you have there. I like the plan to change for the seasons. Very cute.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea. And great use of old shutters. Just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring you tomorrow on 6 Inches of Ribbon. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails